Many book lovers know spring is the best season to read books. Reading a book outdoors in a garden is truly one of life’s pleasures. If you agree, then you will appreciate these top 10 quotes about books and gardens. Also, you should check out the best bookish garden decor ideas.
1. “If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.”—Marcus Tullius Cicero
2. “The fairest garden in her looks, And in her mind the wisest books.”—Abraham Cowley
3. “A book is like a garden carried in the pocket.”—Chinese proverb
4. “With freedom, books, flowers, and the moon, who could not be happy?”—Oscar Wilde
5. “May I a small house and large garden have; And a few friends, And many books, both true.”—Abraham Cowley
Discover the best bookish garden decor!
6. “A book is a garden, an orchard, a storehouse, a party, a company by the way, a counselor, a multitude of counselors.”—Charles Baudelaire
7. “With a few flowers in my garden, half a dozen pictures and some books, I live without envy.”—Lope De Vega
8. “I have lots of passions – gardens, art, music and reading. I have eclectic taste and read a huge variety of books.” —Zoe Wanamaker
9. “The Book of Life begins with a man and a woman in a garden. It ends with Revelations.”—Oscar Wilde
10. “Flowers lead to books, which lead to thinking and not thinking and then more flowers and music, music. Then many more flowers and many more books…”—Maira Kalman
Related: 25 Of The Best Literary Quotes About Nature and Best Bookish Planters
Try Audible Premium Plus and Get Up to Two Free Audiobooks
Leave a Comment
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked with *