What would communities be without libraries? Dating back to 2600 BC, these sacred institutions provide physical and digital spaces devoted to the collection and organization of our past, present, and future documents. Here are 15 of the best quotes about libraries.
1. “When I got my library card, that’s when my life began.”–Rita Mae Brown
2. “The very existence of libraries affords the best evidence that we may yet have hope for the future of man.”―
3. “The only thing that you absolutely have to know, is the location of the library.”―
4. “We may sit in our library and yet be in all quarters of the earth.”― The Pleasures of Life
5. “What in the world would we do without our libraries?”―
6. “To build up a library is to create a life. It’s never just a random collection of books.”―Carlos María Domínguez
7. “The truth is libraries are raucous clubhouses for free speech, controversy and community.”–Paula Poundstone
8. “A university is just a group of buildings gathered around a library.”―
9. “When in doubt go to the library.”–J.K. Rowling
10. “The classroom was a jail of other people’s interests. The library was open, unending, free.”―
11. “I have always imagined that Paradise will be a kind of library.”―
12. “Your library is your paradise.”―
13. “Without libraries what have we? We have no past and no future.”–Ray Bradbury
14. “Libraries will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no libraries.”–Anne Herbert
15. “People can lose their lives in libraries. They ought to be warned.”–Saul Bellow
Show your appreciation for your local librarian with one of these 10 perfect gifts for librarians.
Check out these 25 library patrons depicted in works of art.
Don’t miss 15 of the best quotes about librarians.
Virtually visit these 30 beautiful libraries from around the world.
Here are 14 reasons why you should love your local librarian.
Leave a Comment
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked with *