“To be a librarian is not to be neutral, or passive, or waiting for a question. It is to be a radical positive change agent within your community.”—R. David Lankes. Thank you, librarians. We love you! Here are 14 reasons why you should love a librarian.
1. Because they read a lot of books, which tend to make them smart.
2. Because they are good listeners.
3. And they know how to give excellent advice. It is, after all, part of their job description.
4. Because they understand the importance of history.
5. And they tend to have a sophisticated sense of humor.
6. They also know how to poke fun at themselves.
7. They are defenders of individuality.
9. And self-expression.
10. They also know how to work well with others.
11. And how to tell a good story.
12. By the way, they are pretty fantastic with children.
13. And they take learning seriously.
14. Because, let’s face it, intelligence is sexy.
Celebrate the librarian in your life with these 10 perfect gifts for librarians.
If you’re a library patron, you’ll want to see these 25 library patrons depicted in works of art.
Don’t miss 15 of the best quotes about libraries.
Ready for more library love? Discover these 30 beautiful libraries from around the world.
Leave a Comment
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked with *