How do I love thee? Let me count the ways. Here are 10 things you’ll understand if you’ve ever fallen in love with a book.
1. There’s love at first sight, and then there’s love at first sentence.
2. Real life obligations including school or work become excruciatingly painful. All you want to do is continue reading.
3. When you’re not reading what is quite possibly the most amazing book of all time, you are constantly thinking about it and what’s going to happen next in the story.
4. You compare real people to the characters in the book.
5. You talk about the characters as though they are real people.
6. You constantly quote passages from the book.
7. You endlessly want to recommend and discuss it.
8. You stalk the author on social media.
9. You experience waves of anxiety whenever you think about finishing the book.
10. After you finish reading the last page, you find it difficult to start another book, so you opt to read another book by the same author. Or you reread it.
Related: 28 Signs You’re A Book Addict